VBC Loan Services has a national affiliation with direct business bridge lenders. VBC will underwrite the bridge loan on the borrower’s behalf. Loan amounts can range from $1M -$20M.
Bridge Loan: Definition
Bridge lending is defined as short term lending with higher risk for the lender, thus fees and interest rate are much higher than typical bank loans. Term Sheets can usually be issued in a week if the bridge loan application is favorable to the source lender. Because of the higher interest against the risk, the likelihood of being approved for a bridge loan is typically much higher.
Typical Bridge Loan Terms
- Term: 1-3 years
- Loan amount range from $1-20 million
- Non-recourse and recourse loans, depending on how strong the collateral is and risk factors
- Prepayment penalties depending on term of the loan
- Interest-only payments available
- Rate from 8%-12%
- Fees can range from 2%-4%, depending on risk
- LTV maximum up to 70% on real estate
- Usually a 20-45 day closing process, depending on appraisals and title work
To apply for a bridge loan with VBC, click below: